Government, businesses and community organizations are pitching in to collect food and money for the association, following a devastating fire. The Community Food Sharing Association serves 54 food banks across the province.
To the rescue
- The Community Food Sharing Association is accepting cash donations at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/the-community-food-sharing-association-inc/
- VOCM will hold a food drive Saturday, Feb, 2 at Coleman’s Food Centres on Newfoundland Drive in St. John’s and on Centennial Drive in Mount Pearl.
- N.L. Public Libraries will remove overdue fines in exchange for non-perishable food items from Jan. 31 to Feb. 15 at all participating libraries.
- Sobeys and Dominion stores are setting up food donation boxes at various locations.
- St. John’s-Mount Pearl MP Seamus O’Reagan is encouraging city residents to drop off food donations at his office at 689 Topsail Road between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. today, Jan. 31, and Friday, Feb. 1.
- The St. John’s Edge is giving away discounted tickets to Thursday’s game against the Halifax Hurricanes in exchange for non-perishable food items. Just bring the item to the door with you.